I thought perhaps I would share an article with everybody. But before that, a moment to hear what H. Purandeswari said. 9 deaths and 3 serious injuries was the toll that ragging took this year. Though I care not about statistics, she must have been kidding, right?
The Hindu carried an article some time ago with specific emphasis on the Keralian society. They said the youth subculture of encouraging the image of a "rebel" contributed in part to the vice. I think it also has got to do something with the phallic tendency of projecting "Machoism", the "Tough guy", "I am a real man" image. Insecure alpha-males?
"Lack of closeness and warmth in families pushes youth to anarchy and rebellion, alcoholism and drug abuse."
That seems somewhat of a weak excuse. My parents are divorced so I rag somebody?
For people with more interest, read
No comments:
Post a Comment